(A) Past Activities:
1. Conducting of Barak Based Merit Test Examinations in 1999, 2000 and 2003 and awarding of one time Merit Scholarship.
2. Conducting of Sonai Block level Merit Test Examinations.
3. Conducting Silchar Block level Merit test Examination.
4. Organizing of Annual Conventions in 2000, 2001, 2004
5. Awarding of Mayeenul Hoque Choudhury Memorial Scholarship
6. Conducting of Computer training centre at Sonai, Cachar
7. Publishing of Barak Taranga mouth piece of the society
8. Organising of Guardian Awareness programme at Silchar and Sonai
9. Observance of birth centenary of Sayeed Mujtaba Ali at Bhanga , Karimganj
10. Organizing Intellectual Meet for discussing issues relating minorities’ development.
11. Organizing of symposium at Silchar on Sachar Committee Report
12. Awarding of Begum Rokeya Smarak Samman, 2011 to Dr. Tanushree Ghosh in 2012 and to Jb Imaduddin Bulbul in 2014 ( for 2013)
13. Felicitation of Reputed Educationists.
14. Observance of National Education Day every year and arranging Moulana Azad memorial lectures.
15. Recognition and felicitation of Ideal Teachers on the occasion of Teachers Day.
16. Organizing Begum Rokeya Memorial Quiz Competition
17. Organizing of Rabindra Nazrul Memorial Quiz Competition
18. Organizing of Art Competition on the occasion of Foundation Day of the society.
19. Organizing of Youth Intellectual Meets on different issues
20. Exhibition of documentary on Rabindranath Tagore and Begum Rokeya Shakhawat Hussain.
21. Raising of various demands for the development of Barak Valley and minorities in particular.
22. Made effort in instituting Endowment Awards in Assam University
23. Made effort in naming building /rooms in memory of Begum Rokeya, Kazi Najrul Islam, and Sayeed Mujtaba Ali in Assam University.
24. Observance of Important National Days viz. Independence Day, Republic Day, Teachers Day, National Education Day,
25. Observance of other important days like International Mother Tongue Day, Netaji Subhas’s Birth Day, Minority Rights Day, Begum Rokeya’s birth day, Bengali martyrs day
26. Observance of Foundation Day of the society with suitable programmes.
(B) Present Activities:
1. Publication of Intellection: A bi-annual Inter-disciplinary research journal (ISSN:2319-8192)
2. Recognition and felicitation of Ideal Teachers on the occasion of Teachers’ Day.
3. Awarding of Moulana Azad Smarak Sammanana 2014, and 2016 and felicitation of reputed educationists
4. Arrangement of Moulana Azad Memorial lecture.
5. Awarding of Begum Rokeya Smarak Sammanana 2015, and 2019.
6. Arrangement of Begum Rokeya Memorial Lecture.
7. Conducting of VISION FOR MISSION awareness programme
8. Observance of Bengali Language Martyrs Day, International Mother Tongue Day. Teachers day, National Education Day, Minority Rights Day, International Women’s Day, Constitution Day, Independence Day, Republic Day etc
9. Conducting of Maynul Hoque Choudhury Memorial Rural Talent Search Examination.
10. Felicitation of reputed persons on different occasions particularly on Foundation Day of the society.
11. Awarding of Syed Mujtaba Ali Smarak Sahitya Sammanana, 2017
12. Starting of BES Charity Fund to extend financial assistance to needy and meritorious students.
( C ) Future Plans:
1. Starting of Young Scientist Award
2. Publication of Socio-literary magazine
3. Conducting of Educational project from GOI/ GOA
4. Arrangements of inter-religious dialogue and intellectual meet
5. Adoption of Model Villages for awareness for development.
6. Awareness campaign against corruption.
7. Starting of Inspired Social Worker Award
8. Awarding of Fellowship of Barak Education Society to Senior and higher educated members.
9. Arrangement for staring an Institute of Guidance, Research and Publications
10. Arrangement for organizing Intellectual Meet with collaborative efforts.
11. Awarding of Iswarchandra Bidyasagar Smarak Sammanana to social reformer.