To inspire people who have notable contribution at different important fields, the society has started some awards and other program. The important awards are (1) Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Memorial Ideal Teacher Recognition, (2) Begum Rokeya Smarak Sammanana (3) Moulana Azad Smarak Sammanana (4) Dr. A.P J Abdul Kalam Memorial Research Medal (5) Syed Mujtaba Ali Sahitya Sammanana (6) Swami Vivekananda Shiksma Sammanana , (7) Kazi Nazrul Islam Smriti Sahitya Sammanana etc.
There is also program for special felicitation of reputed persons for their notable contribution in their respective field and students for their excellent performance at different levels of examinations.
1. Dr. Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan Memorial Ideal Teacher Recognition: This award has been started in the year 2006. Teachers with notable contributions in the field of teaching at primary/ middle/ secondary school/ madrassa levels in Barak Valley are selected through a definite selection process and are awarded the recognition on the occasion of Teachers Day every year in a formal felicitation function. Notice for this purpose of selection /nomination is generally issued in our website and also in print media as news item in the month of May/June every year.
2. Begum Rokeya Smarak Sammanana: Begum Rokeya Shakhawat Hussain, popularly known as Begum Rukeya was born on the 9th December 1880 A.D in Pairabondh village of Rongpur District of undivided Bengal. She was a prolific Bengali writer particularly on women’s right and gender equality, a notable social worker promoting female education among the Muslim women of Bengal. She established school for educating girls which is now a government girl’s high school in Kolkata. Her contribution in literary field, social service and ideals for women’ right and status is still relevant for all round development of women’s of our present society.
This award has been started in 2013 and is given twice in a year. The objectives are as follows:
(a) To encourage individual / organization / institutions engaged for promoting the ideals of Begum Rukeya.
(b) To encourage woman / women organization working for the cause of promoting female education particularly in Muslim community.
(c) To encourage woman for notable contribution in literary activities or social service.
(d) To encourage girl students for remarkable result in any examination from H.S.L.C on wards.
The selection of suitable persons/ institutions is made through definite process on the recommendation of a duly constituted Search Committee. The selected person should be from Barak Valley or at least should have Barak Valley origin. Generally the award is given/ or name of awardee is announced on the occasion of birthday of Begum Rokeya i.e the 9thDecember.
3. Moulana Azad Smarak Sammanana: The Government of India has been celebrating the Birth Anniversary of Maulana Abul Kalam Azad, the first Minister of Education and Scientific Research of Independent India and veteran freedom fighter on November 11, every year as National Education Day since the year 2008. As a part of celebration of the day, the society has instituted a Smarak Sammana w.e.f 2014 in memory of the great leader. The award has been given away once in two years.
The purpose of the award is to honour a reputed educationist on the occasion of National Education Day for his /her notable contribution in the field of education like teaching/ research in higher education or educational administration or promotion of education among the people particularly among minority community, social service, literature, promotion of communal harmony etc. The awardee should belong to Barak Valley or at least of Barak Valley origin.
4. Dr. A.P J Abdul Kalam Memorial Research Medal: This award has been instituted for felicitating the members of the society for acquiring M.Phil /Ph.D degree from any recognized university. So far a good number of members have been honoured with this medal.
5. Syed Mujtaba Ali Sahitya Sammanana: Syed Mujtaba Ali was a renowned litterateur, linguist who born in the present Karimganj District of undivided Bengal. This award has been introduced in the year 2017 in memory the great man and will be awarded once in two years to a person of Barak Valley for his notable contribution in the field of Bengali Language and Literature particularly for promoting communal harmony. Educationist with outstanding contribution in socio-cultural field may also be considered.
6. Swamy Vivekananda Shiksma Sammanana: It is under process for drafting rules/guidelines by the society.
7. Felicitation given as reputed persons: Besides the above, the society has been giving special felicitation to persons with notable contributions in their respective field /profession.
Special awards may be introduced by any donor member in memory of his/her relative or any renowned person.